Business Services Senior Manager
Closing date: 29/10/2021
Due to continued growth in their business and recent changes in the team, Consilium Chartered Accountants are looking for an ambitious individual to join their business services department.
Consilium, are very clear about their Vision and Mission and the Core Values which will enable them to work toward them both. To join the team at Consilium it is important that you share their Values.
Vision - “We will help our clients and our team achieve success.”
Mission – “Through the provision of our client focused solutions we build long term relationships to enable
us to support SME business leaders in reaching their goals. To enable our team to do this we will provide a
challenging and supportive environment in which they can excel.”
Be Consilium – “We plan, we advise, we counsel, we exercise our judgement and share our wisdom.
Do what’s right – We act with honesty and openness and take responsibility for our actions. If we make
a mistake, we fix it.”
Do it together – “We are inclusive. We treat each other well. We respect, trust and support each other, and we
celebrate together. We encourage, we challenge, we teach. We do all of this so that we can fulfil our potential
and succeed together.”
Working alongside the partners and other senior team members you will be an experienced senior manager
looking to develop your career in a fast-paced environment. You should have ambitions to progress to Associate
Director and Director in the near future.
You will be overseeing, and ultimately be responsible for, the efficient and profitable delivery of accounting,
taxation, payroll and advisory services to a portfolio of businesses across a broad range of sectors with turnover
ranging from £0.5m – £10m.
You should be experienced and confident in meeting clients to discuss their financial affairs with little
Advisory services are a very significant element of our service offering and you will be responsible for ensuring
your portfolio of clients are being provided with specialist advice from the relevant team within Consilium. You
will ensure that such advice is provided to the highest quality.
You will also be responsible for maintaining and nurturing relationships with key intermediaries as well as
developing and executing business development activities.
You are expected to have a strong level of technical accounting knowledge as well as a solid grounding in both
corporate and personal tax along with VAT.
• You should be CA/ACCA/ACA qualified with relevant Practice experience;
• You should have demonstrable ability in managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects,
mentoring, counselling, appraising, and recruiting;
• You should have significant experience of Key Account Management with responsibility for your own
portfolio of clients;
• You should have experience of monitoring the financial performance for your portfolio of clients,
including fee levels, job recoveries and profitability;
• Working with our managers, you are expected to manage a team of staff, including resource planning
and allocation, performance management, training and staff appraisals;
• You are expected to play an active role in the development of new business relationships and business
• You must have a proven track record of delivering a high quality service to clients, including the
development and delivery of innovative solutions to the commercial challenges of the client;
• You must be able to communicate effectively to ensure client expectations are managed appropriately;
• You should be keen to support managers and others within the business services team to ensure the
continuing success of the firm. You must react well to pressure and ensure that appropriate
consultation is taken on all matters of significance.