Life Sciences and Healthcare
The profile and importance of this sector has never been higher as the various vaccines and healthcare organisations protected and treated people during the pandemic. Their work is life-changing, and we also know the businesses involved operate in an increasingly regulated and competitive market.
Kreston has worked with life science and healthcare organisations for many years to create a comprehensive set of services to match their specific needs. They include business, financial and risk-management services to clients in many industry segments, including, biotechnology, medical devices, life sciences and pharmaceuticals.
Our specialist teams work with start-ups and university spin-offs and those in CROs and international groups. The business life cycle in the sector is often long-term, and that is how we approach our partnerships with management teams, based on commitment and earning trust.
Many firms in the Kreston Global Network are home to healthcare management consultants. This, along with our in-depth understanding of the market, has helped us to build long-lasting relationships with clients.
We can help with:
- Fundraising (grant, equity or loans)
- Growth and exit planning
- Business and cash flow forecasting
- Tax and VAT planning and compliance
- Research & Development tax credits
- Patent Box tax reliefs
- Audit and assurance services
- Employee share schemes
- Outsourced accountancy, bookkeeping and payroll services
- Return audits: MHRA
- Cross-border compliance
- Trade financing: import loans, letters of credit and trading credit
- Product liability: regulatory non-compliance
- Joint venture and alliance: advice on avoiding and resolving disputes
We not only advise the sector but have become a part of it through our members firms’ work in life science networks which support the growth of stakeholders.