Doing business in Morocco
- How quickly can I set up a business?
- What is the minimum investment needed?
- How can I raise finance?
- What are the legal requirements for setting up my business?
- What structure should I consider?
- What advice can you give me in regards to payroll and taxation requirements?
- Is there anything else that I should know?
How quickly can I set up a business?
The ordinary deadline to achieve the creation and accomplish all formalities is between 2 and 3 weeks after receiving all documentation signed and certified.
The main steps are as follows:
- Asking for the trade name of the Company
- Conclusion of a rent contract or domiciliation contract
Establishment of many legal documents according the legal form of the Company (status, commercial register) and completion of required formalities
What is the minimum investment needed?
The minimum investment is defined by the Law for each type of commercial Company. The amount of capital is freely fixed by the Shareholders.
- For the SARL (Société à responsabilité limitée) the minimum is MAD 10 000.
- For the SA (société anonyme) the minimum is MAD 300 000.
The SA and the SARL are the most common types of Companies in Morocco.
How can I raise finance?
Possibilities to raise finance by Banking sector, local investment funds, local investors.
The Moroccan government has developed support tools to encourage investments (Subvention, tax exemption)
What are the legal requirements for setting up my business?
The main legal forms of the companies in Morocco are the following:
- Limited company
- Limited liability company
- Economic interest grouping
- Limited partnership
- Joint venture company
- Simplified joint stock company
What structure should I consider?
The choice of the legal structure depends on the size of the company to be created, the amount of the investment as well as the activity which it envisages to carry out.
You may also open a branch of your foreign company.
What advice can you give me in regards to payroll and taxation requirements?
The tax Law is the same for all commercial Companies, no difference in tax aspects for the different legal forms.
The advantages tax concern some activities as export, some sectors as automotive, aeronautic industries. Companies based in Industrial Acceleration Zones.
Our services include total support for establishment in Morocco, payroll, tax matters, BPO services, audit and consulting.
Is there anything else that I should know?
Morocco offers a simple business creation process that takes place with a single point of contact.
Morocco is a stable country in full economic development, with one of the best growth rates in Africa:
- Continuously growing economy
- Controlled inflation
- Important strategies by sector
- Strong banking system
- Strong telecommunication infrastructure
- Double taxation treaties with more than 50 countries
- Dedicated investments agencies
- Development of industrial acceleration zones with some tax advantages
- Development of Casablanca Finance City with specific tax and legal frame
- Very open economy and strategic economic agreements.
Our firms in Morocco
How can Kreston grow your business?
Select your business type:
Kreston Global starts 2023 by adding eight new firms across four continents
LONDON – Kreston Global has begun 2023 by welcoming eight new member firms on four continents: India, Uganda, Lebanon, Japan, Croatia, Bangladesh, Chile and Taiwan.
Kreston Global welcomes new member firm in Uganda
Kreston HM focuses on providing audit, accounting services, and tax advisory and was founded by managing partner Hitesh Mehta, in 2005. Based in Kampala, with another office in Jinja, the firm has 3 partners and 45 staff and has rebranded as Kreston HM to take advantage of the extensive global reach of the Kreston network.
Invest in Mauritania
The latest guide to investing in Mauritania from Exco GHA Mauritanie, “Invest in Mauritania” in English. Learn about investment opportunities in sectors with huge growth potential.