Part-Qualified/Qualified Audit & Accounts
Clive Owen, UK
The role involves a combination of preparing accounts for limited companies and undertaking audits of a range of organisations. The successful candidate will work with clients from a variety of sectors including education, retail, manufacturing, and depending upon experience/training either charities or solicitors. The role requires attendance at clients’ sites across Northeast and Yorkshire. The successful candidate will be able to take advantage of our hybrid working policy which allows you to work from home for up to two days a week upon successful completion of your probationary period.
The key duties of the role are:
- Preparation of accounts from a variety of client’s systems – Sage, Xero, QuickBooks etc
- Audit of range of organisations
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Actioning queries raised by accounts and tax managers on the drafts
- Finalisation of the accounts and corporation tax computations following client meetings
- Acting as a point of contact for clients for ad hoc queries
- Leading on site audit team and coach more junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified or part-qualified
- Have recent relevant experience of owner-managed small to medium business accounts preparation including statutory financial statements
- Have audit experience
- Be able to demonstrate a general practice background, with exposure to accounts, audit and tax
- Be driven to deliver excellent client service
- Have a track record in delivering to tight client deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting software packages such as Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, etc. would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Use of latest audit technology such as data analytics would be advantageous, although full training will be given.
The role offers a competitive salary, a salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme and 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays. We offer additional benefits such as a salary sacrifice flexible leave scheme, Perkbox, discounted health care and various health and wellbeing initiatives. We also offer the ability to accrue Time off in Lieu (TOIL) and we pay for professional subscriptions.